Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Visit from Mom and a New Home Sweet Home

So what does every girl need after just moving to a new city?... Her mom to come and help her set up her new apartment and experience the great new city she is living in. My mom came in for a visit on January 27th to see Seattle for the first time, meet Ryan's family and of course help me set up my new apartment. We stayed with Ryan's parents while she was in town but we made trips downtown almost daily to get things set up and explore the city. Trips to the original Starbucks and Pike Place Market (both within 3-4 blocks of the new apartment) were of course on the list of musts!


Mom with flowers in front of the Pike Place Market right by the flying fish guys


One of the many fresh produce shops in the Market


The original Starbucks!

Another must was for my mom to visit Ryan's restaurant The Stone House. On Saturday we made reservations for dinner with Bob and Sue (Ryan's parents) for my mom's first Stone House dining experience. We had a lovely evening and delicious dinner! My mom had the cornish hen, Bob and Sue both had the scallops and I had the duck. All the meals were so great! We finished with the fantastic Banana Split dessert (complete with the brownies Sue makes for the restaurant!) My mom was so excited to see the restaurant and to dine on Ryan's amazing food for the first time.

Sue, Mom, Bob and me at The Stone House

Lastly here a are a few pictures of my new apartment. I promise to include more pictures as I get more settled in and decorate the place a little bit. I really love the new place and Roscoe seems very happy here too.

Living Room


Living Room from the other side (love the fireplace!!)


Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment