Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

January 25 Day 4: Kellogg to Seattle


Day 4 started out early in Kellogg, Idaho with so much excitement and promise! This was the day we would go home and I would officially become a Seattleite! The weather conditions were great for the day, we didn't expect to have any snow on either Fourth of July Pass (in Idaho) or Snoqualmie Pass (in Washington only about an hour from Seattle). We were making fantastic time even with the crazy amount of fog we encountered in central Washington. Just as were were starting to climb up toward Snoqualmie Pass my check engine light came on. It went off right away but I was still pretty nervous/upset/okay I was kind of freaking out about this. So we stopped in the little town of Cle Elum, Washington to stop by a service station to see if we needed to get the car serviced for the final 85 miles home to Seattle. The verdict was that yes the car needed to be serviced, but that it could wait until we were (hopefully) safe in Seattle. Sue and I pulled into the Donaldson's driveway about 1pm and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. We had made it! Our incredible road trip was done I was officially living in Seattle!

As for the car... I know you are all waiting for the diagnosis. It was the spark plugs. They were stripped down and one had even fallen into the cylinder! Luckily, Ryan's brother-in-law Chris has a very trust worthy mechanic and he was able to fix it the next day. Sunny (my affectionately name 2000 Pontiac Sunfire) is doing much better. We still need a new headlight, but Sunny and I are both doing great and enjoying our new adventures in Seattle. Stay tuned for the adventures that await...



No comments:

Post a Comment