Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Happiest Place on Earth

I know, I know, long long time no blog.  But here it goes...a few weeks ago Ryan and I took a much deserved vacation to California.  We road tripped down and had a fantastic trip, we discovered we are very good road trippers together.  Pandora radio definitely helped fill the time 80s and 90s pop reminded us of so many times in our past and we got to know each other even better.  What can I say it was great.  But the best part was Sunday night pulling into our hotel across the street from...DISNEYLAND!  I know it is exciting for people, but I have never been to either Disneyland or Disney World and I was so excited for my first time.  I couldn't even sleep the night before and we were ready to go in the park at 8:45am (the park opens at 9 am ).  I am not even sure if I could describe it in words now, it was incredible!  It seriously is the Happiest Place on Earth.  We spent all day at the park from open until past closing, my only hope was that I could come back someday soon.

Me with Walt and Mickey and Sleeping Beauty castle in the background

Pulling on the Sword in the Stone

Outside Haunted Mansion

Ryan sipping on a new favorite Disney drink - a Dole Whip Pineapple soft serve with Pineapple juice a little rum and it would be perfection ;)

Me with a Dole Whip

Indiana "Ryan" Jones

So sad Matterhorn was closed, guess I will have to come back after it reopens in July

Turkey Leg time!  A Disneyland food staple very yummy

The Happiest Couple on Earth on It's a Small World

California Screamin' there were very little lines on this wonderful Monday so we got to ride California Screamin' three times in a row, sure I was a little dizzy and seeing stars but it was totally worth it.

We hit the Disney Parade at the perfect time.  I got to see all the Princesses on their float, I have to say, I teared up and cried a little.  There was a part of me as a 5 year old girl seeing the princesses for the first time.  But that is that magic of Disney... you are transported to being childlike thus the Happiest Place on Earth

Snow White

Belle and Cinderella

The end of the night Ryan and me with Walt and Mickey.  This was one of the best days of my life! A few favorites: Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment