Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 13, 2012

A very Donaldson Christmas!

Christmas 2011 was my first with the Donaldsons.  I have never felt more included and part of a family!  The Donaldsons always make me feel so welcome and a part of things and this Christmas was no exception.  Last year I had to spend Christmas alone in Chicago because I had to work both days, but I remember hearing about all the festivities by Skyping with them and from all the memories Ryan has told me. The festivities started off as always by a few cocktails at Kell's downtown.  Then they take a family picture in the same spot and walk over to dinner at Wild Ginger!  It was a beautiful night (and week for that matter) so Ryan and I strolled over to Wild Ginger with a quick stop by the market to say Merry Christmas to our favorite fish mongers at Pike Place Fish Market.
Merry Christmas 2011

Dinner at Wild Ginger was very yummy and they were so nice to all of us, as there were 14 of us.  (Don't worry, we had a private room so we didn't bother the rest of the patrons) They even put chopsticks together with a cork and rubber band for the kiddos!  

Ryan and I at dinner at Wild Ginger

After dinner we arranged to have a limo pick us all up and drive us around to see some Christmas lights and then drop us off at Bob and Sue's house. We saw some AMAZING lights over in West Seattle and got an amazing view of the Seattle skyline.  We definitely made some wonderful Christmas memories to last a lifetime.

The whole crew plus our Wild Ginger waiter! 

Fun times in the limo!

Me with Dyllan in the limo, so fun 

Awww so sweet, Christmas love!

After we got home it was time for a massive wrapping and karaoke party.  You see, we all (Ryan and his siblings) majorly procrastinated on our present wrapping so we wrapped all our gifts on Christmas Eve.  While some of us began the wrapping the others set up the last tradition on Christmas Eve night, karaoke!  Now I am not sure if any of you know this about me, but I LOVE LOVE to sing karaoke so it was a sing and drink wine all night well after 3 am.  It was so much fun to sing with everyone all night.  Early the next morning was time for presents and breakfast.  It was so much fun to see what everyone got, the looks on the kids faces as they unwrapped surprises, and just to feel the joy and love in that living room.  It was followed by a traditional Donaldson family breakfast  of Swedish pancakes that Ryan's grandma used to make.  It was the first time I had tried them and I will say they were very yummy!  All in all it was an unforgettable Christmas filled with love, joy, and laughter, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Caitlyn showing off her new coat from Uncle Ryan and Sarah and those adorable purple boots are from Grandma Sue! 


Okay one last picture from Christmas.  As I was going to get ready and take a shower I came upon this in the bathroom...



Okay maybe this was the last thing I needed on my Christmas...this picture warmed my heart!  Merry Christmas to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment