Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

O Christmas Tree!


One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the Christmas tree.  I remember from when I was little setting up the tree and hanging the lights and placing the ornaments on the tree was my favorite.  My family always put on Christmas music, drank hot chocolate and reflected on memories as we saw ornaments from years past.  Last year was the fist year I had a real Christmas tree. Ryan and I got a tree here in Seattle and decorated it together.  We knew it would be the first of many trees we would decorate together. This year we really wanted to go up to the mountains and chop down a tree (a la National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) but with everything going on this month we just couldn't fit it in.  So instead we went to a great tree lot over in Ballard operated by the Boy Scout troop 1000.  I would highly recommend this lot to anyone in the Seattle area.  The had a great selection and great prices!  There were so many trees to choose from: Noble, Douglas, and Great Pine oh my!    
A view down the lot of all the amazing trees

Ryan with our chosen tree, a Douglas Fir!  It has an amazing smell!!!

A quick picture of the finished product, it looks so great and really makes our house smell fantastic



No comments:

Post a Comment