Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dawg Dash


Okay, so my blog is WAY over due.  You see... some wine spilled into my computer and I no longer can use my enter or delete key...kind of important for blog writing.  So thanks to my amazing and wonderful boyfriend, I am writing on his computer.  He promises to let me use it for future blog posts too.  Sooo, without further delay here is my Dawg Dash post.

So my running bug is crazy strong right now, as is Ryan's (this is probably a good thing considering I would probably be very difficult to live with right now if you didn't understand this or were not going through half marathon training too)  So back on October 23rd Ryan and I ran in the Dawg Dash.  It's a 10k race that starts outside Husky Stadium, runs through University of Washington campus and finishes on the track inside Husky Stadium.  This year, this race was the last event to be held on the track inside Husky Stadium because it is undergoing MAJOR reconstruction and the track will be taken out and seats moved closer to the field.  We both had a great race and great times.  I was really booking it and ran my first mile at 8:39 - hello where did that come from!  And I PRed my 5k time too.  It was a great day, a great race and I can't wait to run it next year.


Dawg Dash finishers on the field

No comments:

Post a Comment