Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Don't Mess with a Texas Wedding

Last week I flew to Houston, Texas to witness the marriage of my sophomore roommate Elizabeth (Liz) Parke to Darren Kincaid!  I was so honored just to be there to witness the love between these two people.  I was also so excited to be part of the rehearsal dinner and their house party.  Liz and I were sorority sisters at Miami University... Zeta Tau Alphas, (Only the best get crowned) and have kept in touch over the years through phone calls and Christmas calls, but hadn't seen each other in awhile until Darren was on a business trip to Seattle and I finally got to meet him and catch up in person with Liz.  We had a great time and they even got to enjoy a meal at The Stone House.  The best news is that Darren will be doing a lot of work in Seattle and will be coming often so we are excited about hosting them in the future.  Okay... back to the wedding!  I had a great time and really enjoyed all the amenities of the St. Regis Houston! Here are a few pictures from the hotel...

I seriously felt like a queen here

The bar area...

Pretty bathroom, it also had a HUGE tub! I made sure to take a bubble bath... Oh and it had a phone in the bathroom, you have no idea how bad I wanted to make a call from that phone.

Welcome cookies from the bride and groom... delicious and they had my favorite, Snickerdoodles.

Time to relax by the pool

Liz and Darren had a beautiful outdoor ceremony at the Bell Tower on 34th, Houston's premier location for weddings!  We then moved inside for cocktails, dinner, dancing and SERIOUSLY the best wedding band ever...Time Machine.  It was so fun to catch up with old friends, sorority sisters and to meet new friends too!  My pictures seriously do not to any justice to this beautiful bride, handsome groom and bridal party and amazingly beautiful reception.  I will post a link to the photographers pictures when they are available. 

The guys... Loved watching Darren watch Liz walk down the aisle

The girls... so pretty with those purple gowns

Time for vows... almost Mr. and Mrs.

You are now Mr. and Mrs. Darren and Elizabeth Kincaid!  Kiss the Bride!

The reception room

A wine and Tuscany theme and olive oil for a party gift

The cake... delicious


Miami girls and Zeta girls

First dance time

Me with the Beautiful bride

No comments:

Post a Comment