Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A House by the Lake

This summer was also full of big decisions and big moves!  My first contract with the travel company was complete on May 1st and I was extended for another 3 months through the end of July.  In June the managers at Seattle Children's offered me a permanent staff position starting in August.  I gladly accepted the position!  However, this meant that I would not have housing provided by the travel company and I would need to move.  Ryan and I started looking for places to live together in the Seattle area.  An area we focused on was the Green Lake area.  Yes, the same Green Lake that I have talked about in other posts, I was very excited to start exploring the area.  We found that renting a house was a great option for us, as it had lots of room for both of us and for Roscoe!  On the first trip (actually the first house) I found a very cute little Craftsman the the west side of Green Lake right on the edge of Green Lake and Phinney Ridge.  It was a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house with a corner lot and basement too.  Even luckier for us, it was empty and move in ready with in two weeks!  Our new home is two blocks from the lake, two blocks from highway 99, just about 10 minutes to downtown and also close to the hospital.  So our packing began and the last week of July Ryan and I moved to 703 N. 67th Street!

View from the front.  We love to relax and eat dinner on the porch.


View of the living room from the front door, we can't wait to use the fireplace


The Kitchen, I am really enjoying all the counter space


This room is the Master, but we actually moved to the downstairs bedroom because this was so bright in the morning with it's skylight.  It's beautiful, but not so great if you work night shift.  This is now Ryan's office and will be a guest room when you all come to visit!!


Jack and Jill bathroom between the upstairs bedrooms


Downstairs bathroom

The view of Green Lake from just a block east of our house


Roscoe really likes his new house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment