Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Baseball, Birthdays and Ice Cream

A tradition of spring and summer in any big city is going to a baseball game. In Chicago, I am pretty sure it is a law you must go to enjoy in our nation's pastime, and hopefully you choose to attend the Friendly Confines on the north side of the city! As a loyal Cubs fan, I am also used to the experience at a Cubs game and Wrigley Field (i.e. - the only food available are hot dogs and pretzels, maybe a nacho from time to time and to drink it's Old Style or Bud Light) So my first true Seattle Mariner experience was a little different. Sure all the staples were there, baseball, hot dogs, peanuts, beer, oh but there is soooooo much more! First of all we must remember that this is Seattle and the Northwest, so the entire stadium is GREEN - meaning everything is recyclable and many things compostable!! Also this is the home of Ichiro - and the Ichi -Roll food stand, that's right kids... SUSHI at a baseball game!!!!



Also it is the home of many, many microbrews, so I am talking good, flavorful beers, no Old Style or Bud Light watered down beer here. Oh and are you a little chilly this evening, no worries, there is a Starbucks around the corner, awesome!



And last but not least there are a lot of fun things to do around the stadium. A play area for kids, all kinds of Mariners history and my favorite a place to act like you just caught a would be home run off the bat of any Yankee.



And last but certainly not least, the Peanut Guy. I am very lucky to have experienced buying peanuts from a legend at Mariners game. He pass and throws the peanuts with unbelievable accuracy and brings such happiness and joy to all of his customers. Unfortunately, the Seattle community lost the peanut man this summer as he passed away. I am glad I was able to buy just one bag from him.

On to birthdays and ice cream...

This spring and summer I also started spending time with Ryan's niece Caitlyn on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes it was just to take her to a playdate or speech appointment. Other times we went to the dog park with Roscoe, but we almost always had ice cream. Caitlyn LOVES ice cream!!! - And so does Sarah, so this works out well.


Is this not the best face EVER!!!! Love this girl!

Also this summer was Caitlyn's pre-school graduation and program where they sang lots of cute songs. And her 5th Birthday. I knew for this we would have to go all out... first time Manicures!!!! We had so much fun and now she is always asking me, when will you take me to get my nails done again, I really need my nails done. Oh what have I started!


Flowers after the preschool program

This is so much fun!

Caitlyn and Sarah at our Manicures



1 comment:

  1. Before I went to SafeCo Field I actually thought that all baseball stadiums were just like Wrigley. I don't think I've ever been to a Mariner's game without getting Starbucks...just because I could.

    ReplyDelete