Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Wicked Gift

Last week Ryan and I celebrated Christmas together, and it truly was one Wicked night. I picked him up from the airport and he was in quite the rush to get back to my apartment to start opening presents. I knew he had something planned for the evening, but I didn't know what was planned or why he was in such a rush to start opening gifts. He started pulling out box after box from Nordstrom, then he said to start opening but I had to make some choices. The first box I opened had a beautiful navy blue silky dress with black beading details at the straps and at the side with some rusching. The back of the dress came to the mid back with draping details, so pretty and elegant.

Dress #1

The next box held an amazing one shoulder dress! The dress was silver on top with one shoulder and a big black bow at the top of the shoulder. A high waist black sash separated the top from the bottom which was a navy and silver skirt with a few layers of tulle underneath. This dress was definitely very fun!

Dress #2

Next came several little boxes full of jewelry to match the dresses, I could pick from any of the several necklaces, bracelets and earrings to wear with the dress. I was amazed with everything Ryan had picked out by himself for me and couldn't wait to start trying on dresses and jewelry, but before I did he handed me the last box... tickets to see Wicked that night!

I now understood his rushing to get home and open presents, we needed to leave for the theater in a little over an hour. I quickly started trying on the dresses and mixing and matching the jewelry. After much debate (and really wishing I could wear both dresses - what girl wouldn't?) I decided to wear dress #1 with some black dangly beaded earrings and a multilayer necklace with black, silver and clear beading, and of course my favorite black heels!




The final look all pulled together (please ignore the moving boxes in the background :) )

Once Ryan and I were all dressed and put together we grabbed a cab and headed down to the theater district for a quick glass of wine before heading next door to the Cadillac Theater. The show was so incredible, I found myself wanting to sing along (and at times actually singing along), laughing and just being amazed by the fabulous cast. If anyone reading this has not seen Wicked go and see it! The music, the story, set, everything is just incredible, I would see it again and again and have been singing the songs ever since! It was an amazing night put together by an amazing man, I could not have imagined a better gift! Thank you Ryan, I love you!


Ryan, Sarah and witches from Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment