Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hibachi, Cupcakes and Goodbyes

My last week here in Chicago has been stressful, fun, full of great food and friends, and also very bittersweet. On my last Friday night in the city I met up with Karli and Norelle from work at Comer to go and support another co-worker for her upcoming mission trip to Haiti. Norelle is also moving in a few weeks to Las Vegas so it made it all the more important to have a girls night. We started the evening out at Zocalo and had a great time with some great sangria!

Sangria, Sarah and Norelle!


Sarah and Karli

On Wednesday the 19th all the girls from work went out for a final girls night and some fantastic Hibachi! I started out the evening at my friend Sylvia's house (aka Roscoe's best friend Mason's mom). I brought Roscoe with me for a last playdate with Mason before we moved. So Sylvia and I left the "kids" with her husband and headed over (in the very very cold Chicago winter) to Jessica's house for a drink before our night of Hibachi fun. I was very excited about the Hibachi and very VERY entertained by our fabulous Hibachi chef. We had soooo much food and I had the very yummy golden shrimp. This night was so fun with all my Comer girls. I just want to let you all know you have been such a fantastic group of people to work with and learn from and I will miss all of you very VERY much, come to Seattle to visit anytime!!


Hibachi grill ready to go for the Comer girls


An onion tower on fire, I was very impressed!


Our fantastic Hibachi man flipping shrimp into his hat!!

My last few days in Chicago were super crazy with packing and getting all the details in place and ready for the big move and trip across the country. My saving grace the last few days was my best friend Erin. I seriously don't know if I could have finished all my packing without her incredible direction and help. She knew just when to push me to get things done and when to let me have a little moment of emotion overflow. Although we had a LOT of packing to do, we of course managed to have a little fun too. We enjoyed a burger at one of our favorite Chicago hangouts (Local Option), a final night of take out sushi, and of course a final cupcake at our favorite bakery, Sensational Bites. This is the same bakery that Erin used for her wedding cupcakes so not only are they oh so yummy but very special to us too. Erin, thank you so much for all your help! I really could not have done everything without you and your amazing help!!



An amazing little treat lies inside this precious box



Can you say yummy yummy in my tummy?




These signature flower cupcakes are the ones from Erin's wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment