Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lake Sammamish Half + 3 miles

Quick note to start, I am trying to figure out how to download my picture from this race but as I am somewhat technology challenged, I haven't quite figured that out yet. (I will probably figure it out as soon as I post this)

So just a few days after my last post, I laced up running shoes and headed over to the Eastside to meet some of my running buddies for the Lake Sammamish Half Marathon.  But since I was scheduled to run 16 miles this week I needed to add on.  Luckily, my friend Chrissie is a wonderful kind of crazy and happily agreed to add on with me.  So we met in our favorite parking lot at Marymoor Park and her husband drove us to the starting line of the race (it was a point to point race) and dropped off a few friends there then drove us 3 miles up the road so we could start our run.  I felt great for the first 3 miles, except an overwhelming need to pee, (which is unusual for me during a run) used the facilities and we were off again!

The run was very nice and scenic.  It follows the east side of Lake Sammamish and passes by some absolutely beautiful homes!  We even saw an eagle along the way, the girls all said that was a good luck sign.  To be honest I was very nervous about the run I haven't run that far in over four years.  But with my  "sweat" sisters (both new and old) by my side, cheering me on every step of the way it was actually not too bad.  After this run I really feel like the marathon is within my reach!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment