Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Running Fashionista

Yes I am a runner, yes I will be running a marathon in Eugene in a few weeks, but yes I am also a work out clothes fashionista!  I need to be comfortable, but I need to look good while running too.  As I was on bed rest last week and running rest this week I have become obsessed with figuring out all the little details of the day.  Is there a microwave/refrigerator in the room, should I get a SPIbelt or  just use pockets, how do I carry enough water, and of course, what should I wear??  This obsession with running fashion is nothing new...

As you can see here Amy, Hillary and I felt the need to get matching running fashion many years ago.

So I needed something to build my outfit from.  I REALLY wanted to wear purple and gold and really represent University of Washington and The Huskies as I ran around Eugene and put it in those Ducks faces.  But I was also mildly afraid that I may be attacked for doing so, but since purple is my favorite color I end up with a lot of purple running clothes so I need to build from something else...

The inspiration.. the shoes a blue and aqua theme

So on Friday I felt like I could probably make a trip to the mecca of running/workout fashion... Lululemon with my friend/running buddy and coach Chrissie.  We really took the aqua and blue to heart and luckily those colors are in the Lulu spring color palate.  This is the adorable outfit we chose...

A super cute and comfy top in lovely aqua with an adorable skirt, the side crunch up to show another pleated skirt underneath, adorable!!! I will probably also wear some arm warmers made by Chrissie too, stay tuned for a picture of the final outfit.

The next day I went out with my friend Karen (another amazing friend running buddy/coach - did I mention both of these AMAZING women have completed IronMan triathlons!!!!!) to shop for "throw away" clothes for the starting line.  These are clothes to have on at the starting line to keep warm and throw away once the race begins (these clothes are then donated to a local Goodwill) so it was off to a thrift shop.  We found some great sweats for the starting line but we also found this "Winner" I couldn't resist for the finish line...

Ummm, need I say more, this is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I still wear that visor on at least 50% of my runs.
    2. That picture just makes my left knee hurt just looking at it.
    3. That winner sweatshirt made me laugh out loud. Please never ever get rid of it, and wear it after every race....and maybe occasionally at the ER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am taking up running again next week. Of course I quit last fall after my 27 minute 5k... No marathons for me, but I would like to work up to another half at some point! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete