Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Big 3-0! (AKA Sarah's Dirty Thirty!!)

Last week was my birthday, the big 3-0, or as it was quickly known as, Sarah's Dirty Thirty. It really was like a whole week of celebrating that started on Sunday when Ryan, his sous chef Adam and I went to the Huskies basketball game. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to celebrate there. We kept the party going on Monday with the real celebration. Ryan took me to dinner at Zoe. It was a fantastic, delicious meal and a great start for a fabulous birthday celebration. From there we headed to Blarney Stone for Trivia night. The entire Donaldson family, Adam, and my new friend Andrea came to partake in the fun too. It really was a great time and my team (appropriately titled Sarah's Dirty Thirty!) came in second place!

Cheers! Let the night begin, it looks like Bob already knows there will be trouble ahead

After trivia most people had to go home (it was a Monday night after all) but Carrie and Tyson joined Ryan and I for a night cap. So before I go any further into this story I should tell you about my outfit for the evening. I had on a new dress, a very cute army green military style short dress with what else but my cowgirl boots! I looked very very cute. Anyway, it was also very rainy in the day before the celebrations began. All of these things combined with a little amount of alcohol and walking down a very steep Virginia hill on the way to the bar resulted in this:

OUCH!

It did hurt a little bit, but mostly I find it entertaining that I had a skinned knee on my 30th birthday. Isn't that more like on your 5th birthday? Oh well it just proves I am young at heart! And Carrie, Tyson, Ryan and I had a great time. All and all an incredible night!

Carrie and Tyson


Donaldson! You are supposed to smile for the camera!


Okay that is much better! I love you too!

On my actual birthday, Wednesday, Ryan's parents took me out for dinner at SeaStar in Bellevue and we enjoyed a very delicious meal. Then on this past Sunday we all went to their house to celebrate all the March birthday's for the Donaldsons (Carrie, Bob and me). We had another fantastic meal full of fresh seafood. We had clams, potato leek soup, prawns, fresh shrimp with cocktail sauce, oysters on the half shell, and fresh crab, soooo delicious!! What a great birthday! Thank you to all my family and friends and especially all of the Donaldsons for an unforgettable birthday! It meant so much to me to have such incredible celebrations even when I was away from my family, thank you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment